Knitting Fla

Hello - This is Flavio. I love knitting! I would love to try sharing bits of my life and my thoughts. Lots of love! :)

martes, abril 08, 2008

Amazingly, after 2 months...

Dear friends!

Yes, apparently I have found the time to post something again. And, more importantly, to knit something again. These months are being incredibly hectic, and I cannot believe how little I am knitting at the moment. It is a bit frustrating. But I cannot be obsessed about it. I mean, it's supposed to be a pleasure hobby. I shouldn't feel it like a duty - like, "if you don't do it often, you are bad". But well... here is my last thing. A hat that stayed on the needles for two or three months until I found the time and disposition to finish it. Again, a marmor effect on red and white, as my good old Swiss (as in colours) scallop scarf.

This little hat goes quite well with the scarf, although the yarn is bigger and different in quality. The scarf is softer and more "high quality". This is cheap harsh acrylic ;) But who cares! I like it anyway. I wanted to do the Irish Hiking Hat, with the cables, and started doing it that way, but then the cable needle was just too tight for the double yarn and the needle I was using. So I did two series of cables with great pain (LOL) - and then just kept reducing. It was lovely to think where and when to knit 2 together or ssk1, in order not to destroy the cables pattern too abruptly. Well, I hope you like the result :)

Lots of love,
Flavio

6 Comments:

Blogger Mary Anne said...

Lovely hat, Flavio!
Good to see your post and to know you are keeping well, just busy. Take care.
hugs
mary anne

9/4/08 22:17  
Blogger cybernekanekane said...

Hola...Me alegro de que hayas actualizado. El gorro y la bufanda te han quedado muy bonitos. No te agobies por no tejer demasiado, o por tener lo mismo en las agujas durante meses. A mí me pasa igual, empiezo algo y no lo termino, empiezo otra cosa, y otra y otra...No tengo remedio. Luego igual las termino, pero ya no meses, sino igual años más tarde, jajajajaja... Un besito, y espero ver noticias tuyas nuevas pronto. Muakkkkkkkk.

12/4/08 22:45  
Blogger Carme said...

Ben retrobat Flavio!!
Noi, hi ha èpoques a la vida que són molt complicades i no et permeten dedicar-te tant com voldries a les coses que més t'agraden o et relaxen o et venen de gust, que hi farem! La qüestió és no amoïnar-se gaire i quan es pugui doncs "Sant tornem-hi" no trobes?
M'alegro que hagis tornat al ciberespai de la mitja!
Fins aviat

14/4/08 16:26  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

love the hat - good to hear from you :-)

Karen

28/4/08 22:07  
Blogger lu rogeria maravilhas do trico said...

Querido parabens lindo o seu blog quantas coisas lindas beijos luciana

Wanted pretty congratulations its blog how many pretty things kisses luciana

1/6/08 02:53  
Blogger MATILDE said...

te han kedado mui lindos tus trabajos y ese bebe es mui tierno ,xau desde chile para ti un abrazo

25/8/08 05:38  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home