Knitting Fla

Hello - This is Flavio. I love knitting! I would love to try sharing bits of my life and my thoughts. Lots of love! :)

sábado, octubre 21, 2006

Rubén and his sweater and hat!


Dear friends,

Hello again from cold and expensive Switzerland! I have been missing home a lot when I received this photo from my dear friend Marián: her son Rubén, who is barely two months and a half old, with the lovely one-piece jacket that Allison helped me to complete (the pattern I found on the web was wrong: can you remember my suffering? ;) Click here to come back to the whole process.

Isn't he just SOOOOO lovely? I am so proud of what I knitted! And supposedly this was a problematic sweater (the hand-cuffs, the wrong ridge that I had to correct...) - it doesn't look so bad, doesn't it! And it was my first project WITH matching accessory! Wow :)

I hope you like the photo and the model ;) Congratulations Rubén! You are the cutest knitting-baby of the month! :-D

Love,
Fla

11 Comments:

Blogger Kim-n-Cocoa said...

Flavio,

It looks great! You are an inspiration with all your stories on knitting novices. :-) You keep me knitting!

What are you studying in Switzerland? Being there sounds so fun! I bet soon you'll have nice fires and hot cocoa and knitting!

Be well!

Kim in Tx

22/10/06 15:38  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Hey Kim! Thank you! :)

Well, life here is a bit hard (everything is so expensive!!!) but I survive ;) I am studying Baroque Singing.

Love,
Fla

22/10/06 16:05  
Blogger Kim-n-Cocoa said...

Wow that is neat! Tenor? How long will you be there? You must keep us posted because that is so neat!

22/10/06 17:56  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Countertenor ;)

Love,
Fla

22/10/06 18:35  
Blogger Mary Anne said...

What a lovely outfit - and Ruben is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. I hope life in Switzerland will be easier as the days go by.

23/10/06 02:17  
Blogger Karen Knitting said...

You did a fabulous job, Flavio. How wonderful to have a picture of Ruben wearing it.

24/10/06 05:34  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you Karen and Mary Anne! Lots of love to both!

Flavio :)

PS: Yes, Rubén looks wonderful with the sweater! :) I am planning more outfits for him!

24/10/06 08:59  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

He arribat al teu blog mitjançant el ring de I love wool.
Com pots veure he arribat fins al primer post on deies que es podien posar comentaris en català (el llatí el tinc una mica rovellat ;-)).
El bebé es una monada i el conjunt que li has fet senzillament deliciós.
Bona estança a Suissa!

25/10/06 01:52  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Ei, com va! Em fa moltíssima il·lusió que em facin comentaris en català, què bo! M'agrada molt el teu blog, puc posar un enllaç des d'aquí?

Gràcies una altra vegada :) A veure si Suïssa es fa menys cara.. però em sembla que no ;)

Abraçades
Flavio

25/10/06 18:41  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Es clar, jo t'enllaçaré al blog de labors (La República de mi Casa).
M'encanten les coses que teixeixes, tens molt bon gust. M'agradaria molt sentirte cantar, ¿no has pensat a gravar algo ( ho podries fer a través d'ODEO) i després penjar-ho al blog?.
Petons.

25/10/06 18:58  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Gràcies! Ho faré immediatament (estic fent el sopar... sí, es prompte, però és que això és Suïssa... hehe!) - pots sentir-me cantar a www.caffarelli.net ;)

Petons,
Fla

25/10/06 19:20  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home