Knitting Fla

Hello - This is Flavio. I love knitting! I would love to try sharing bits of my life and my thoughts. Lots of love! :)

jueves, septiembre 07, 2006

My first two scarves! Cables and ribbing...

Dear friends,

How are you? I hope everything is fine from where you are reading this. Here the weather is still hot but a bit more bearable. I have finally been able to finish my first two scarves! One of them is the Irish Hiking Scarf we all are doing on the Knitalong blog. I hope you like it! I chose a very colourful yarn and the result is lovely. I call it "rainbow cables" :) Also, I finally was able to finish the ocean ribbing scarf (a simple 2x2 ribbing, lovely touch, it looks soooo soft!). The Ocean ribbing scarf is a present for my special one. I'll use the Irish Rainbow cable scarf in Basel, for the cold winter :)

Maybe they are a bit short (more or less 130cm) but it's ok :) I have used exactly two balls for each scarf. Good to know for other projects! I would love to do the matching Irish Hat with cables but the pattern I found is not clear... any clue?


Hope you like the pictures :) Leave a comment, please :)

Love,
Flavio

4 Comments:

Blogger Stacie said...

Flavio,
Love those scarves. You will be glad of something warm when you are living in Basel. Have you moved yet?

I love the peppermint pocket but what IS a peppermint pocket? Is this a European tradition??

Life got really busy for me when August ended, but I continue to insist on knitting time so that I do something besides teaching. :^)

Take care,
~Stacie

8/9/06 03:50  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Hello Stacie!! I am moving on October 1st :) The peppermint pocket... I am not sure whether this is a traditional thing here... although it is usual to put spices or aromatic herbs in little pouches so you can have lovely "odours" in closets, drawers...

I am knitting a lot, probably because I am not sure how much I'll be able to knit after the move... also, I am wondering how should I pack my needles and a few balls for the journey...

--------

Thank you Condith!!!

Love,
Flavio

8/9/06 08:56  
Blogger babette said...

please tell me what yarn/color the Irish Hiking Scarf is. I absolutely LOVE it!! Must make one
Babette

21/9/06 04:31  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Hello Babette! I am afraid the yarn is not available anywhere except Spanish commercial mall "El Corte Inglés". It is a very obscure brand, which only makes yarn for the mall chain. I am sure you can find something similar in the USA?

Love,
Flavio

21/9/06 09:03  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home