Knitting Fla

Hello - This is Flavio. I love knitting! I would love to try sharing bits of my life and my thoughts. Lots of love! :)

jueves, septiembre 14, 2006

Two sweety hats

Dear friends,

Here I am again - well, I am knitting like crazy lately! Must be because I am nervous about leaving for Switzerland and I am trying to get some distraction. Well, two friends of mine wanted me to knit two little hats for them. I think they wanted something more "winter-like", but I have discovered the yarn is a bit too soft and maybe they'll suffer some cold temperature with those. Luckily it never snows here. Christina wanted a plain white hat, no cables, no nothing. Not even an i-cord on top! Well, I hope she won't mind the ribbon ;) Monica wanted a pink hat. Since they didn't want anything special, I just recycled an old easy pattern: some garter stitch on edge, then all stockinette stitch and some decreasing. That's it... Seaming is better now :) Good, that means I am improving, I guess! :-)








Hope you like them :)
Love, Flavio



8 Comments:

Blogger Stacie said...

Hi flavio,
Yes, I like them. They are both very sweet. Babies need softness more than thickness, although I guess it might depend on just how cold it gets. But this is a great first layer even if they need more! Hope you are doing fine and that your move to Basel will go just fine. I'm sure it will!
~Stacie

14/9/06 20:27  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Hey there Stacie :)

These girls are 26 and 22... I hope they like the hats though :)

Love,
Fla

14/9/06 21:27  
Blogger Mary Anne said...

Your hats are delightful! I just came across your blog and am enjoying reading the older posts. I love your Irish Hiking Scarf colours - wow. Thanks for sharing.
cheers
mary anne

16/9/06 23:25  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you Mary Anne! :) I am glad you like the blog and the hats :) And the scarf, of course ;)

I am very thrilled with my 3-colour child jacket! I will post the pieces before assembling tomorrow :)

Love,
Flavio

16/9/06 23:33  
Blogger Stacie said...

Hi Flavio,
I think your 80s child project is so cool, and your knitting is exquisitely perfect. Do you ever accidentally drop a stitch or have to realign a few stitches?
(Unfortunately) in the US it would be an extremely patriotic, right wing Republican (probably Bush supporter) mother's project for her beloved blond child. Not that that's a bad thing, :^) but just so very fervent and flag waving. Fortunately, you are knitting in Spain. :^)
I am having exactly the same problem with carrying colors on a smaller project, and since it's going to be at the seam, I decided to just let it be a tiny bit too loose or tight and to hide problems in the seam. I've done the cutting method and had a zillion threads to weave in before, and while it is probably good for one's character, it is BORING! I am with you on the usefulness of just knotting and snipping. Not an old-school knitter here!
Cheers, and I can't wait to see it finished!
~Stacie

18/9/06 16:06  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Dearest Stacie! Hello!

Thank you! :)

Wow, I didn't think about the right-wing thing... I thought the colours were lovely, and they also look very much like Holland's flag, or even Cuba's colours ;)

Hehehehehe... yes, I confess I knotted and snipped... it looks OK :D

Now, I am not sure how to seam two cast off edges... but I'll try now on the sofa ;)

Love,
Flavio

18/9/06 16:17  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

hi flavio :-)

i love your "bonnets", i am french and live in paris. i need your help on the decreases you did, they look so perfectly aligned, and what i love the most is when the decrease shows those tiny "holes". it is so endearing.
hehe,

joyce, paris
email me at e31to33@yahoo.com :-)

3/10/06 15:11  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Hello Joyce! Thank you! I still don't have a good internet connection - please be patient ;)

Wow, I thought the little holes were not good! :D

Fla

4/10/06 10:58  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home