Knitting Fla

Hello - This is Flavio. I love knitting! I would love to try sharing bits of my life and my thoughts. Lots of love! :)

jueves, septiembre 21, 2006

80s Striped 3-Colour Jacket! FINISHED!

Wow, dear friends.

This has been a real torture. I had to rip off and re-do the collar three times because I wasn't able to pick up stitches properly. The cast-off edges tended to break at the same time and it all went CRAZY. I can't believe I had to patience to finish the work. Front bands were a nightmare too. Really. I had this idea of doing buttonholes. This made the fabric to pull in and the colour striped didn't match at all, it was so frustrating (must be because of the yo/k2tog thing or something... or simply because the MC yarn is, inexplicably, thinner than the CC yarns!). After 3 trials, I decided to make blank front bands, with just... nothing. So, the jacket remains open. Sorry... :(

Anyway, I am happy about the sleeves. This is the first time I have to sew whole sleeves in the armholes. I had a stressful time figuring out how it would look like, because there were obviously MORE stitches in armholes than in the sleeve's top edge! But it worked, thankfully.



Well, this is the result. I hope you like it... now I have to find a child to give it too. The size is supposed to be 4 (4 year old?) - but isn't it a bit small? I am not sure. Anyway... here it is! Would love to hear your comments!



I am happy, it's my first jacket with REAL stripes, and my third jacket ever!
Love, Flavio

6 Comments:

Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you Rebecca! Can't wait to see yours as well! :)

Best wishes,
Flavio

21/9/06 22:58  
Blogger Mary Anne said...

Beautiful work and the colours compliment each other.

22/9/06 03:28  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you SO much Mary Anne! I admire very much your work, so it means a lot to me if you think my jacket is beautiful! Wow :)

Lots of hugs and thanks!
Flavio

22/9/06 08:01  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Flavio, looks beautiful, any child should be proud to wear it :-)

22/9/06 17:07  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you so much Karen!

Can't wait to give it to a child! :)

Love,
Fla

22/9/06 17:48  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you Connie! I am so happy that you like it! :)))

Fla

25/9/06 07:57  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home