Knitting Fla

Hello - This is Flavio. I love knitting! I would love to try sharing bits of my life and my thoughts. Lots of love! :)

jueves, agosto 10, 2006

Cables and cables and cables...

Hello, dear friends!

I joined both KAL (the Irish Hiking Scarf and the Conquering Cables). Since the project applies to both, here it is. I have begun my very first scarf with cables... following the pattern given by the blog's homepage. I am enjoying this very much. It knits up quite quickly, and the cable isn't difficult... I bought a cable needle and I enjoy it, although sometimes I am not very sure how to handle it when it's hanging in front of work. Sometimes it gets stucked with the work while I am trying to knit the first three stitches before those on the cable.. oh well :) About the yarn: It's called "Colore", by "Rubí" - this is made in Seville. I haven't been able to find it anywhere on the Internet. I am afraid it is an obscure brand made exclusively for a big commercial centre (El corte inglés). Anyway, here is the beginning of the scarf.

**** ********


The yarn is multicoloured but the cables show up nicely. It really looks lovely, more than in the photographs (isn't that frustrating?). Anyway, I am going to continue this. I have two balls... it should server. They measure some 260meters together.

Would love to hear your comments :) Look how it mixes in a lovely way with my "ocean" ribbing scarf (also under "construction" :D
Love,
Flavio

15 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

Very nice yarn. Not sure I've seen such mixed vargated yarns.

11/8/06 04:09  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Hello Charles! I am glad you like it :) I was afraid the cables wouldn't show clearly with all these colours, but it looks nice! It's very warm at touch, too :) I just love this pattern!

Love,
Flavio

11/8/06 10:18  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you so much Trish!

I am afraid I'll have to run to the mall and buy some more ball of the same colour. I am afraid it'll not be enough for a long scarf + hat!

Where can I find the pattern for the matching hat? :)

Love,
Flavio

11/8/06 15:46  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hi Flavio

I just love this pattern - I'm knitting my 3rd scarf with it and getting them ready as x-mas presents.

I love the colors that you are using in the verigated yarn - it looks very rich.

I believe that the hat pattern is on the Irish Hiking Scarf KAL site.

Hope all is well and that you are feeling better.

Hugs,
Karen

11/8/06 17:37  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you dear Karen!

Wow, 3 scarves... you are VERY fast! :) I try to do two or three cycles (from step 1 to 8) everyday, to relax on the sofa. I'll do some more tonight, though, I feel like it :)

I'll look for the pattern on the Irish site.

Thank you again! Yes I feel much better today :)

Fla

11/8/06 22:09  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

I found a LYS in Barcelona that may have this yummy yarn for all of us here in the US

Here are the details:

Merceria Santa Ana. S.A.
Avda Portal de l'Angel, 26, Barcelona Other 08002 ()93 302 09 48

11/8/06 22:33  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Hello!

Does that shop distribute to the USA?

Fla

11/8/06 22:59  
Blogger Stacie said...

Oh! I hope anonymous writes back to respond. This is exciting! Really, my family doesn't get it, they think it's silly that I could get so excited about yarn, and knitting. Sigh. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we hear again from anon. but I may have to uncross them while I'm knitting ;^)
~Stacie

12/8/06 01:06  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

I understand that, Stacie! Many people think I am crazy when they see me literally dying at the yarn corner of the commercial mall!

By the way, if you can't cross your fingers while knitting... cross your needles, and, wow, they really do cross while we knit! :D hehe!

Love,
Fla

12/8/06 11:47  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Helloooo :) Thank you so much! I am so happy you like it! :)

I just LOOOVE colours :D

Love,
Fla

13/8/06 14:20  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

I'm glad you are feeling better - I'm tempted to call that shop in Barcelona to find out if they will ship to the US :-)

13/8/06 22:47  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Hehehe :) I am sure you can find such variegated yarns in the USA :)

Fla

13/8/06 23:11  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Yes Sweetheart, we can find verigated yarns in the US - see my post here: http://theknittingpatch.blogspot.com/2006/06/at-lastfinished-objects.html

14/8/06 22:56  
Blogger Winnie said...

I love the colors, Flavio!

22/8/06 03:56  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you Jenean! It is very long now, I can't wait to finish it. Also, the baby sweater is almost ready, I only have to seam and, maybe, knit a big initial letter on the front side, if I learn how to do "duplicate stitch".

Love,
Fla

22/8/06 09:22  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home