Knitting Fla

Hello - This is Flavio. I love knitting! I would love to try sharing bits of my life and my thoughts. Lots of love! :)

jueves, mayo 11, 2006

Rainbow Hat (Warm Woolies)


Dear friends!

Hello! I haven't posted in a long time because those days I have been very very busy. I abandoned the "easy child sweater all in one" project, because it didn't motivate me. So, I wanted to do something quick and nice. I had that lovely rainbow yarn, so I thought I'd do a hat with I-Cord decoration "á la Teletubby" ;-) So, here it is. First, 8 rows in garter stitch, then, some seven inches in stockinette stitch. Gradual decreasing and... I-Cord :) Some thoughts about the process:

1) This is my first REAL I-Cord: the "I-Cords" I did before were not exactly I-Cords, because I did not have DPN needles. Now, I have them. The hat was done with 7mm needles, but I didn't have 7mm DPN, so I used 5.50mm DPN needles. Wow! It looks like a ... rope, or something like that! It's a great feeling!

2) Pattern (available for free at http://www.warmwoolies.org) requested double thick yarn, so I used two yarns of the same rainbow kind at the same time. Only, one of the balls almost ran out, so I changed it for another yarn, which is very similar (same company), but with slightly softer tones: pink, brown, grey...). The mix was great, and gives an idea of gradual change. Look at the picture and let me know if you notice the change from two identical yarns to two different yarns, similar but with slightly different pastel tones.

3) My seaming has improved! Now, it is practically invisible. I worked it with the wrong side facing me, and threading the yarn through the stitches that were nearest to each edge. It works!

Any comments? :)
Love,
Flavio

8 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

What a great hat! It makes me smile!

You're really doing well with those dpn's. One of these days I will try them. I'm still afraid.....

11/5/06 20:23  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you Connie and Claudia! :) Eheh, the Spaghetti pompoms were so funny, yes! :)) But I really wanted to learn to do I-cord :D

Maybe you'll notice there is more pink in the highest part?

Don't be afraid of DPN's, Claudia :) At least for I-Cord. Now, ask me to do socks in DPN's and I'll scream. I still don't dare...

Love,
Flavio :)

12/5/06 11:11  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Ke xuloooo!!!!

12/5/06 18:25  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Gracias Isaaaa :D

12/5/06 18:46  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Great hat! And I love the colors. I can barely tell the difference in colors. I bet it will look great on! And the i-Cord turned out nice too!

25/5/06 14:50  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you Rhonda! Isn't it a lovely yarn? It wasn't expensive, either!

Love,
Fla

25/5/06 15:46  
Blogger RoadSide said...

Cheers on the hat, its super cute!

2/6/06 18:03  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you!!! I just completed a second one, which is identical :)

Hugs,
Flavio

2/6/06 18:46  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home