Knitting Fla

Hello - This is Flavio. I love knitting! I would love to try sharing bits of my life and my thoughts. Lots of love! :)

domingo, abril 30, 2006

Here it is! At last!


Dear friends,

Well, here it is, at last. It's my first baby jacket, completed! The pattern is a very good one and I have learnt a tremendous lot from it. I have done my first neck shaping, my first "complex" structure, my first buttons, my first time picking up stitches... It's been an incredible journey! I am sorry if I have not been able to post meanwhile. I wanted to have it completed and finished before posting again on the blog.

So, here are the photos... Yes, it is not perfect. The fronts are not perfectly symmetrical after buttons have been placed... oh well. It's not a problem. Also, I was so impatient I only did half collar: it had to be twice as long, but I was impatient. Anyway, it doesn't look too bad.

I am so proud of my seaming down the fronts and sleeves! Wow!

There isn't a single thread popping out! It's all "a piece" now! Isn't it too funny! Wow, I am very very happy about my first baby jacket. I used three colours. The blue-purple is for stockinette stitch. The orange-purple is for garter stitch.

What do you think? Do you like it? Please, leave your comments...



Lots of love,
Flavio

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

It's adorable and you did a fine job!

30/4/06 15:25  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you Judi! :)
Hugs, Flavio

30/4/06 15:58  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Absolutely stunning and great job.

Happy Knitting
Karen

30/4/06 16:12  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you Karen!!! :)
Hugs,
Flavio

30/4/06 16:35  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Flavio,

You did an excellent job on your first Baby Surprise Sweater. I
love it. It really turned out
gorgeous. Someone sure will be lucky to have this sweater.

Great Job,

Tammy :)

30/4/06 17:09  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Beautiful job on your first sweater!!! Wow - you are so adventurous in your knitting! (I'm still working with the same baby sweater pattern, because I "know" it now)!

Beautiful job - someone is going to treasure that. :)

NS

30/4/06 17:52  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you Tammy!! Isn't this jacket just lovely? Looks like a surprise pack! :)

Maybe I should add some lace! LOL!

Hello NS: Thank you! It was such an adventure! :) Can't wait to do my first real sweater, maybe with some fair-isle! :)

Love,
Flavio

30/4/06 19:04  
Blogger k said...

It's adorable- can't wait to see what you do next!

Great job!

30/4/06 19:32  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Kaylee, Connie! Thank you so much! I am so happy that you like it! :)

Lots of hugssss,
Flavio :)

30/4/06 19:56  
Blogger Amanda said...

This is an amazing sweater! I can't believe that you've advanced so far so quickly. You've done a great job. The child who gets this is definitely going to be lucky.

Happy knitting!

30/4/06 22:04  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

I am so moved! Thank you so much! It is so great to have such a supporting group of knitter friends :)

Lots of love,
Flavio

30/4/06 22:25  
Blogger whatpaper said...

Flavio, I have really enjoy reading your charming notes on the knitting novices list. And yes, the baby sweater is too cute for words. You finished it really nicely. -Selene

30/4/06 22:35  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you Selene! I think it is very cute, yes :) Although I'll have to correct the buttons alignment :)

Love,
Fla

30/4/06 22:42  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

VERY NICE Jacket!!!
You did a terific job... I love the color combo :)

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

1/5/06 16:36  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you!!! :) I am so happy people is enjoying the pictures of my first jacket!

Love,
Fla

1/5/06 16:56  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Hello Josie!

I am so happy that you liked the jacket :) Can't wait to see the summer dress soon! Must be adorable :) What yarn will you use? I wonder, because I'd like to make summer gifts but I am afraid they'd be too hot for the weather (acrylic? wool?)

Flavio

1/5/06 18:50  
Blogger Claudia said...

Flavio, your baby jacket is SO beautiful! You are amazing with the work you do! I wish you lived closer so we could knit together. Wow.

3/5/06 21:28  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you Claudia! I also wish I had people to knit with! It must be fun!

Love,
Fla

3/5/06 23:42  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home