Knitting Fla

Hello - This is Flavio. I love knitting! I would love to try sharing bits of my life and my thoughts. Lots of love! :)

viernes, abril 14, 2006

Knit It! (Fair Isle Impromptu)


Dear friends,

Well, here it is: have been working on this last afternoon and morning. I wanted to mix three colours (although in separate designs, not all together) - and I designed it all myself: the Greek decoration, the hearts and little diamonds, plus the strange "thingy" in the middle. I also had a hard time trying to design the letters: it all had to be symmetrical, and I only had 34 stitches to work on. First thing was preparing the garter stitch frame. The work nonetheless rolled. What I did is placing it under heavy books all night long. This sort of worked! It almost does not roll now. Maybe I did some sort of basic blocking? ROTFL. It is all acrylic, and I have read I should not use steam on it otherwise it'll "break" or ruin.

I thought about doing hearts and diamonds in orange yarn (yes, again orange!) *** To fill in the symmetry, I added a little zig-zag: looks nice! Then, in purple, the Greek frame. I am so happy it looks so well. When I drew it on paper for the pattern, I was afraid it wouldn't look right. It does! Then, the words. Wanted to write something about knitting. I thought "knit it!" would do it. It looks so funny! Also the "i" with the dots... aren't they lovely? Would love to hear your comments :)

Also, do I have to call it "dishcloth" even when it's not intended for dishes?!

Love,
Flavio

6 Comments:

Blogger Flavio83 said...

Hello Josie!

Hehe, thank you so much! I am so glad that you like it :)

Mmm. I think I'll just call it "Knit It Sqaure", hehe. I am very satisfied with it: the heavy books' pressing worked wonderfully and now it really lies flat!

I am fine, just very stressed with exams, alas... :) Knitting is a relief!

Love,
Flavio

14/4/06 19:12  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you Josie!

Yes, same here. When I am not studying or singing, I am knitting :)

Love,
Fla

14/4/06 21:12  
Blogger Claudia said...

I love it!!!! It's so very cool and hey! You can all it whatever you want, as long as you call it wonderful! :)

15/4/06 00:38  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Wow! Thank you Claudia ;)

I am working on my first baby sweater... it's a bit ambitious. I am following a pattern I found on the web. Let's see if I can make it :)

Love,
Fla

15/4/06 01:20  
Blogger Charles said...

I'm impressed. I have not done multi-color yet, but that's on my list too.

22/4/06 01:15  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you so much, Charles! I love using colours :)

Fla

22/4/06 10:40  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home