Knitting Fla

Hello - This is Flavio. I love knitting! I would love to try sharing bits of my life and my thoughts. Lots of love! :)

viernes, abril 07, 2006

My first attempt at CABLE!

Dear friends,

I have finally dared to try cable for the first time. I didn't know what to use as a cable, but I found something "U-shaped" that might work. This little experiment is based on what I can see in the great book Knitting for Dummies. It's a simple Sl3 on cable and hold in front, K3, K3 from cable rhythm. The first attempts were pathetical: I wasn't able to do a good cable. I created big "holes" between the cable parts and it looked awful.

Now, it looks better. I have to practice a lot yet, but this is my first complete cable. What do you think? I have seen more difficult patterns for cable, but they look impossible. I am also quite confused with the chart icons for cable. They look very strange! Anyway, this is what I have done. Doing a sweater is still very far from where I am in my knitting skills right now. But I don't despair ;-)

Lots of love,
Flavio

8 Comments:

Blogger Flavio83 said...

Wow, thank you so much, Josie! I am glad you like the colour. I love orange! We have lots of orange trees here so it must be an influence, I guess :)

Yes, a cabled scarf should be nice to do... but I am afraid of being able to resist to the end of it! Maybe losing some tensions... :)

I don't know if I am skilled, but I sure know I love it, and it relaxes me :)

Thank you again!
Love,
Flavio

7/4/06 20:22  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you so much, Connie! You are very kind :) Knitting is so fulfilling! Sometimes I'd like to stop everything to just sit in front of the TV and knit, and knit... it's so cozy! :)

Flavio

7/4/06 22:51  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Joer Flavio, tu rompiendo esterotipos. Yo pensaba que lo de hacer punto era de abuelitas con moño al calor de una lumbre, no de un chico joven. Si te atreves, te animo a que pruebes en encaje de bolillos de Almagro,(parecido a los encajes de Flandes, muy finos) . Ver mover los palillos es todo un espectáculo.

8/4/06 01:13  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

¡Hola!

Pues sí, supongo que no debe ser muy normal ver a un chico de 23 años haciendo calceta. La verdad es que me parece muy bonito: relaja, porque es muy "cíclico", haces algo colorido, y además es bonito. Encima, puedes hacerlo en el sofá delante de la tele... nunca había encontrado un hobby tan relajante :)) Ay, la vida sedentaria :)

PD: Los encajes de bolillos... deben ser súper difíciles!!

Gracias por comentar :)

Fla

8/4/06 01:21  
Blogger Charles said...

And most people cringe when you mention the work Cable. Vary nice for your first, and just think what you might try next.

22/4/06 01:13  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you Charles! It was a bit hard, but I love the little sample :)

Hugs,
Flavio

22/4/06 10:40  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

love your work. Cheryl in CA

22/4/06 21:45  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you Cheryl!! :)
Hugs, Fla

22/4/06 21:54  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home