Knitting Fla

Hello - This is Flavio. I love knitting! I would love to try sharing bits of my life and my thoughts. Lots of love! :)

martes, enero 30, 2007

Hats, hats, hats...

Dear friends,

How are you? Here the weather is sooo cold, at least for what I have been used to in the last years... I have seen snow falling for the first time in many many years... and wow, it's chilly! Also, my computer died, but I have able to save, at least, my knitting photos... argh. Well, I have been knitting a lot lately, because I had no computer... and I have been doing four hats. My brother, as I mentioned on list, wanted me to knit the Jayne Cobb hat. I found a lovely pattern on the Internet, and the friends from the Knitting Novices list also helped a lot with their advices. My first version is a bit too loose: one thread for rather big needles. Then, I discovered (thank you Fellow Novices!) that I could have double yarn from the same skein! Thus I was able to do a double-strand version, which is much stabler and stronger. Also slightly bigger, which helps (my brother has a rather big head).

My parents also asked for hats. This is the first time I knit something for my parents or brother. I did a dark, plain stockinette hat, with a 2x2 ribbing edge for dad, hope he likes it. For my mother, a rather colourful one (I had the remaining yarn from the baby sweater I did before Christmas...). I am afraid it is going to be slightly too short... Well... Let me know if you like them :) I am rather proud about the second version of the Jayne Cobb hat. Looks perfect, at least in my humble opinion!

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee,
Flavio :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Flavio,

Your work is always so beautiful. Your brother and parents should be very honored.

Karen

30/1/07 20:00  
Blogger debolsillo said...

Flavio: molts petons des de Barcelona, són molt bonics els teus barrets. Salutacions als teus pares i germà.
Com va per Suïssa? Aquí només hem tingut una setmana d'hivern de moment... De totes maneres jo recordo que un any així va nevar al març.

;)

30/1/07 23:47  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thank you so much Karen!! :) Hope they'll like the hats!

Paulinaaa :) Moltíssimes gràcies. Aquí ha sigut molt extrany també i només va nevar la setmana passada... feia moooolts anys que no veia nevar, vivint a Castelló, però aquí... bufffff :)

Petonets!
Fla

31/1/07 07:57  
Blogger Mary Anne said...

I love your Jayne Cobb hat - great colours too! The hats for your mom and dad are really nice. Yay!
ps: it's cold here too. we had lots of snow abd I was very happy.
sorry to hear about your computer though - that is miserable.

31/1/07 22:28  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Thanks Mary Anne! I am very excited about the stripe-sweater I am doing now... it's a slow process but it will be my biggest sweater ever, maybe for a children aged 4!

Love,
Flavio

PS: I love your blog!

1/2/07 08:08  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home